S&P Global Commodity Insights
The Role: Senior LNG Analyst
The Team: Commodity Insights Analytics is looking for an analyst to focus on Asia LNG analysis for our subscription services, delivered under our market-leading product line. This role will involve writing forward-looking market commentary and developing analytical tools, research, and models. The role will make use of your knowledge of Asian Gas and LNG markets and will leverage your strong quantitative and modelling skills.
The Impact: Commodity Insights is a global team responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and forecasting global energy commodities markets and prices. This exciting role will be pivotal in writing forward-looking market commentary, and developing analytical tools, research, and models. Our analysis serves a wide range of customers across the energy industry.
What’s in it for you: This is a role with significant potential for development. You will be a key member of the Commodity Insights Analytics’ LNG team, assisting in the synthesis of an integrated, cross-commodity, global analysis offering. In addition, there will be opportunity to take part in customer-facing activities.
- Research, analyze, and communicate all factors that contribute to the current and expected future value of LNG in Asian markets, and their interaction with global energy markets
- Deliver succinct, high-quality, and accurate charts, presentations, and reports that help core readership make better-informed trading, risk management, and investment decisions
- Spot and identify emerging trends early and, where possible, anticipate market movements by developing a solid understanding of natural gas/LNG trading, modeling, and forecasting
- Constantly update knowledge of evolving markets, including price movements, trade-flows, trading behavior, regulatory developments, and competitor behavior that impact gas markets
- Engage with clients, market experts, and prospects (limited travel will be required)
- Build internal relationships that will help generate ideas for the integration cross-commodity analysis to offer greater value to customers
What We’re Looking For:
- Knowledge of Asian natural gas and/or LNG markets. Experience in other markets such as power, coal, and oil is a plus
- Strong Excel skills are required
- Verbal and written fluency in English is essential, knowledge of other languages seen favorably
- Ability to recognize trends and develop logical conclusions
- Excellent communication, concise written style, and strong presentation skills to provide insightful analysis in compelling and straightforward content
- Motivation to seek out new assignments and act on opportunities
- Comfortable with high levels of individual responsibility and accountability
- Demonstrates personal integrity and an openness to continually learn and develop